I love this tart! It’s easy, simple and delicious. And did I mention it’s vegetarian?
I’ll be honest, I was skeptical of my 6 year old son liking this tart due to the ‘green spinach’ layer under all that goat cheese but he devoured it for dinner alongside a vegetable soup. Yay!
It’s relatively easy if you follow my steps below and the pastry is quick and you can press it into the tart pan without having to fuss about rolling it out. Easy peasy weeknight dinner sorted, great for meatless Mondays!
It’s the perfect main course served with a nice side salad or sliced into small squares or wedges and served as appetizers.
I hope you’ll enjoy it!
*And don’t forget, if you make this tart using my recipe below, please tag it #hautesucre on your social media accounts as I would love to see it!😊
Spinach and Goat Cheese Tart with a Quinoa Crust Recipe
1 cup quinoa flour
3/4 cup all purpose flour (or gluten-free flour)
3/4 cup cold butter, chopped
3-4 tablespoons cold water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1 4×14 tart pan with a removable bottom
1. Combine all the ingredients into a small food processor and pulse into a dough has formed.
2. Roll onto a flour surface or press the dough into a tart pan with a removable bottom. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 425°F
2 cups baby spinach
3 garlic cloves
1 large egg
1/4 cup cream
200 grams fresh goat’s cheese
*Dried shallots (optional garnish or add to filling)
1. In a small food processor, add the spinach, garlic, egg and cream. Pulse until the spinach breaks down and the egg is combined. Add the salt, pepper and fresh thyme.
2. Pour the filling into the prepared crust and smooth evenly.
3. Crumble the goat cheese over top the filling covering completely.
4. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove and let cool 15 minute before cutting.