Valentine’s Day is just around the corner! What are your plans- fancy big dinner or staying in with a home cooked meal?
We’re staying in this year and celebrating with this simple chocolate cake. It’s a quick 1 bowl dessert, no mess, no fuss and sugar free as it’s sweetened with maple syrup. I hope you enjoy it and let me know how it turns out.
Would love to hear your plans, leave me a note in the comments!
Happy Valentine’s Day!❤
Chic Chocolate Cake Recipe
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup dark maple syrup
Pinch of fleur de sel
1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
3 tbsp flour (or gf flour mix)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 shot prepared espresso
*dehydrated raspberry powder
• Whip the butter, add the eggs until double in volume.
• Add the maple syrup, fleur de sel and vanilla bean.
• Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, and cocoa powder until combined.
• With the mixer running on the lowest speed, slowly pour in the espresso. Can also be done by hand – gently fold in the espresso with a whisk until smooth.
• Pour into a 9″ baking pan with a removable bottom and bake for 15-20 minutes.
• Remove and let cool.
• Serve with whipped cream, dust with icing sugar or dust with dehydrated crushed raspberries as shown in the photo.
*The cake can also be topped with a ganache frosting (1:1 ratio chocolate + hot whipping cream, let stand and whisk until smooth and cool enough to pour or thickened to spread)