Guys! I thought I’d share this quick recipe, it only takes 5 minutes! I literally made these just before heading out the door for school pick up this afternoon and they made the best after school snacks.😋
I’ll be the first to admit I have a pet peeve – leftover cereal boxes piled up drive me crazy! My son loves buying cereal but after one bowl, he’s done with it! Something about soggy cereal and milk…haha 😂
I took a mix of glutenfree cereals such as Choco Chimps by Nature’s Path Organic, Kellog’s Cocoa Rice Krispies and good ol’ Cheerios! I didn’t add any chocolate to make these but if you feel the need, you could give them a good drizzle of melted dark chocolate or add in a handful of dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!
*And don’t forget, if you make these using my recipe below, please tag them #hautesucre on your social media accounts as I would love to see them!😊
Brown Butter Chocolate Krispie Squares Recipe
Makes 16 squares
1/3 cup salted butter
2.5 cups marshmallows
Pinch of fleur de sel
1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean or extract
4-5 cups of mixed chocolate cereals of your choice or *as noted above
1. In a large bowl combine the mix of cereals and set aside.
2. Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment and set aside.
3. In a heated saucepan melt the butter until just golden and set off the heat, then add the vanilla, salt and marshmallows and mix quickly leaving a few marshmallows whole.
4. Pour the mixture into the bowl of cereals and mix quickly.
5. Transfer to the lined pan, pressing the mixture down evenly with the spatula.
6. Let cool and cut into squares. Enjoy!