Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day and I’m always excited to prepare new and healthy alternatives.
My take on healthy tacos for breakfast include pan fried chipotle spiced tofu with the most amazing orange cabbage slaw. These are delicious and easy to whip up for a weekday breakfast and a real crowd-pleaser for those big weekend brunches.
I have partnered with Tropicana Canada for this recipe using Tropicana Pure Premium® Orange Juice. I made the orange cabbage slaw with Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice. It’s the perfect alternative to limes as it gives the tacos the sweetness that matches the spicy tofu perfectly. It’s a match made in culinary heaven!
Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice is always on my table for breakfast. With no artificial sweeteners, flavours or preservatives, I feel comfort in knowing that I am getting my additional vitamins (Vitamin C, Potassium and Folic Acid). It is also becoming a favourite recipe add-in for me as it’s so versatile and I use it to bake and cook, too.
I hope you’ll try them out and if you do, please share them with me using my hashtag #hautesucre, I would love to see them. Make these for your next brunch, they’re sure to become your new favourite, get the recipe below.
Tofu Breakfast Tacos with Orange Slaw Recipe
Orange Cabbage Slaw:
2 cups sliced purple cabbage
1/4 cup Tropicana orange juice 1 tblsp raw sugar
1 tsp kosher salt
In a large bowl toss the ingredients to combined and set aside.
Chipotle Spiced Tofu:
350g ~ 1 package extra firm tofu, chopped
into small squares
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp dried chipotle peppers
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/4 tsp tumeric
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1 tblsp tomato paste
6-8 Corn Tortillas
- Preheat a large skillet and add the olive oil spices, and tomato paste.
- Cook for 2 minutes on med high until the cumin seeds start to sputter.
- Add the chopped tofu and warm through for about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and garnish with sprigs of cilantro.
- Over a flame or in a skillet, warm up the corn tortillas and set aside.
- Place one tortilla on a plate and layer with the tofu mixture and top with the orange cabbage slaw.
- Add slices of avocado and dollops of sour cream.
- Serve immediately. Great to serve family style and everyone can help themselves.
One thought on “Tofu Breakfast Tacos with Orange Slaw”
Gonna give this one a try, it’s a little more complex than recipes I’m used to making (yes, I’m that much of a cooking noob), but we have to give ourselves challenges to get better. Thanks for sharing!