Delicious Leek and Potato Frittata with fresh herbs! An easy make ahead dish that’s great for a lovely brunch or dinner. I love eating this on it’s own or in a toasty, buttery sandwich! Yum! Check out my quick recipe below if you want to make it! Enjoy! #hautesucre #hautesucrerecipes
Leek and Potato Frittata with Fresh Herbs Recipe:
3 leeks, washed, trimmed and sliced thinly
2 yellow potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1″ cubes
1 small onion, thinly sliced
6 toasted garlic cloves (recipe on my site, omit if you don’t have)
Pinch of sugar
6 large eggs, whisked
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup chopped Fresh herbs (I used thyme, dill and parsley. Use what you have.)
1. In a large frying pan add some olive oil, leeks and potatoes, salt, sugar, pepper. Cook on medium low until potatoes have softened and the leeks are slightly caramelized. Add the roasted garlic and onion and mix through. Lower the heat and prepare the eggs.
2. In a small bowl whisk the eggs, cream and more salt/pepper. Add the chopped herbs. Whisk thoroughly. *you can add 1 tbsp of calabrian chili oil on the eggs if you want them slightly spicy.
3. Pour the eggs over the leeks and potatoes and stir slowly until combined. Increase the heat to medium low and cook until lightly browned bottom.
4. Set the oven to broil and move rack just under. Transfer the oven safe frying pan and cook directly under the heat for a few minutes until the top is cooked through. Remove carefully and garnish with fresh herbs.
5. Cut into wedges and serve. Enjoy!