These Orange Mousse Cups are the perfect dinner party dessert, yet perfect for a simple weeknight treat. They are quick and easy to make, light and airy in texture, and refreshing. You can easily make this ahead of time, with little or no fuss at all. All you need are simple and wholesome ingredients to turn into a magical dessert that your friends and family will love!
I have made these Orange Mousse Cups with Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice to give it a nice refreshing taste that really complements this eggless mousse. I love incorporating nutritious foods into my desserts, so it’s a great feeling knowing Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice provides the additional nutritional benefits. The orange juice gives this mousse the rich and velvety orange flavour and gives off the impression that you spent hours to make it, when in fact it can be ready in under 30 minutes.
I hope you’ll try out this recipe and if you do, please share them with me using my hashtag #hautesucre, I would love to see them. Make these for your next brunch or dinner party, they’re sure to become your new favourite mousse, get the recipe below. Enjoy!
Orange Mousse Cups Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
1/2 cup Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice
2 tsp gelatin
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups 35% whipping cream, chilled
1/4 tsp ground vanilla bean
Fresh fruit for garnishing
4 small dessert cups or small glasses
- Place the Tropicana Pure Premium Orange Juice into a small heat proof bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Leave it for 5 minutes until it has bloomed.
- Microwave the orange juice and gelatin for 1 minute on high heat and stir until it has completely dissolved, set aside.
- In a large stand mixer, pour in the chilled whipping cream and ground vanilla beans, whisk on medium. Pour in the sugar and whisk on high until soft peaks form.
- Chill the whipped cream in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Prepare your mousse cups – glasses or small shot glasses.
- Return the bowl to the stand mixer and whisk on low, pouring in the orange gelatin mixture. Increase the speed to high and whisk for 30 seconds until the mousse has combined – do not overmix.
- Spoon or pipe the mousse into prepared moussse cups and garnish with fresh fruit
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.