Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas
(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Blueberry Syrup to make these beautiful Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas.)
This month’s PC Black Box included three delightful products that I had the opportunity to try. From snacks to desserts, there is such a wide array of PC Black Label products that you can serve for any occasion.
Soft Dried Apricots
PC Black Label Artichoke Halves These sun-ripened artichokes are grilled and marinated and they’re packed in a delicous infusion of oils, garlic and spices. My husband loves artichokes and these were a delicious addition to pizza.
PC Black Label Artichoke Halves
These sun-ripened artichokes are grilled and marinated and they’re packed in a delicious infusion of oils, garlic and spices. My husband loves artichokes and these were a delicious addition to pizza.
These sweet and plump Apricots from Turkey did not disappoint, they were eaten within minutes of opening the bag. My 7 year old son devoured them, they’re that good! Great for a cheese platter or just to snack on, these are a real treat to have around the house.
Made from carefully selected sweet blueberries, this artisan syrup is bursting with fresh berries! It’s an amazing rich syrup which makes delicious cocktails, salad dressings and our favourite breakfast or dessert toppings. One of my favourite products from this month’s PC Black Label Box, read on for my take on a holiday favourite, Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas!
I enjoyed all the products but I particularly favored the PC Black Label Blueberry Syrup
for this month’s recipe selection. The first thing that popped into my mind was how well this sauce would go with my one of my favourite holiday desserts, pavlovas!
Swirled Meringues with Blueberry Sauce
Pavlovas are a holiday favourite in our family and I hope they will become yours, too. This recipe is easy to prepare and the meringues can be baked ahead of time, up to 3 days and stored in an airtight container, layered between parchment sheets.
Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas Recipe
4 large egg whites, room temperature
Pinch of kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tblsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground Vanilla bean
1/2 cup blueberry sauce
Fork or spoon for swirling
Parchment lined baking sheet
Meringues with Swirled PC Black Label Blueberry Syrup ready for the oven
Baking time: 90 minutes
Preheat oven to 255°F
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch ensuring there are no lumps.
2. In a large stand mixer whisk the egg whites on medium for 1 minute until frothy.
3. Add the salt and continue to whisk on highest setting for 2 minutes.
4. With the mixer running on medium high, slowly add the sugar mixture. Once it’s all added, turn the mixture back on high and whisk for 5 minutes until the mixture is glossy and stiff peaks have formed.
5. Spoon out 6-8 mounds on the parchment sheet using 2 spoons to help release the mixture.
6. Spoon 1 tsp of blueberry sauce into each mound and using the tines of the fork, gently swirl the sauce into the meringue.
7. Using the back of a small spoon, make an indent in the centre.
8. Bake at 255°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues inside to cool down, up to 12 hours without opening the oven door.
1 cup Whipping cream 35%
2 tblsp sugar
- In a large stand mixer add the whipping cream and sugar and beat until medium peaks form.
- Plate each meringue and top with the fresh whipped cream, fresh berries and drizzle with 1 Tbsp PC Black Label Blueberry Sauce over top. Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.