(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti to make these Spicy Eggs)
If you know me, spicy eggs are my favourite! I can eat them for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I love eggs! But this post isn’t about my love of eggs but of a recipe I created just for you using this amazing #PCBlackLabel Peperoncini Picante. The heat in these chili’s is unbelievably hot and complements this egg dish superbly.
When #PresidentsChoice asked me to partner with them for their #PCBlackLabel products, I knew it would be a good fit as I love to try new products and incorporate them into new recipes. It allows me to be CREATIVE and it’s always fun to #PlayWithYourFood!
As I opened the PC Black Label black box, I was delighted to see Caponata Eggplant Antipasto and Peperoncini Chopped Hot Chili Peppers. I was immediately drawn to the Peperoncicni Piccanti as I love chili peppers.
Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel.
If you like a little bit of heat with your breakfast, I hope you’ll try this. I’ve made it healthy and hearty with the addition of spinach and potatoes.
The recipe feeds two people but can easily be doubled by adding more eggs. I hope you’ll enjoy it and please tag your recipe creations with my hashtag, #hautesucre so that I can see them. Bon Appetit!
Spicy Eggs with Peperoncini Piccanti
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp raw sugar
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tblsp PC Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti Chopped Chili Peppers in Oil
- 1 tblsp heavy cream
- 2-3 large eggs, organic or farm fresh, if possible
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, cumin seeds and diced potatoes and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat or until cooked through.
- Add the raw sugar and shallots and cook 5 more minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the spinach, crushed garlic clove, PC Black Label Peperoncini Piccanti Chopped Chili Peppers in Oil and heavy cream. Cook for 2 minutes and mix thoroughly.
- Lower the heat to the minimum setting and spread the mixture evenly in the pan, creating 2-3 wells or indents for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into the indents and cover the pan with the lid. Poach the eggs on low heat for 3-4 minutes until the eggs are cooked though but the yolks are still runny. Transfer to a plate and enjoy!