Happy December! We’re in the last days of the year and unveiling our final PC Black Label Collection box. Let’s take a closer look at these wonderful products and what we will be using to make our holiday recipe this month!
PC Black Label Pure Maple Syrup
100% pure and crafted in the Beauce-Frontenac region of Quebec, this lusciously sweet Pure Maple Syrup is harvested late in the season for a heightened and deeply rich maple flavour and naturally dark colour.
PC Black Label Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
Imported from Italy where it’s prepared in small batches, this delicious Butternut Squash pasta sauce is excellent with pasta, chicken, roasted vegetables and as a sauce for pizza.
PC Black Label Kaffir Lime Leaves Herb
Imported from Thailand, these Kaffir Lime Leaves impart a fragrant, citrus bouquet to your Thai, Malaysian and Indonesian curries, stir-fries and soups.
I opted to go with the PC Black Label Pure Maple Syrup this month to make Maple Mousse Verrine cups. Perfect for the holiday season and easy entertaining, they’re decadent and delicious and will have your guests asking for seconds! Simple ingredients bring this beautiful dessert together in no time and can be prepared ahead of time without the fuss!
This PC Black Label Pure Maple Syrup is rich and decadent and we’ve been enjoying it in these Maple Mousse Verrines as well as on pancakes, waffles, oatmeal (yum!) ice cream and even in my morning coffee.
I hope you’ll try out my new recipe this month and let me know what you think in the comments section below or on my social media channels using my hashtag #hautesucre.
Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel.
Maple Mousse Verrines Recipe
1/4 cup cream cheese
1 1/2 cups 35% heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoons raw sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
Pinch of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean
4-6 Mini dessert glasses
Maple Hazelnut Crunch (recipe below)
1. In a large stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the chilled whipping cream on medium high until soft peaks form.
2. Add the raw sugar and cream cheese and whisk on highest setting for 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
3. Add the salt, vanilla bean, maple syrup and a 1/4 cup of the maple Hazelnut crunch. Whisk on high for 2 minutes.
4. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag fitted with a mid size nozzle.
5. Pipe the mixture into 4-6 small glass cups (approx 125ml) leaving 2 inch from the top.
6. Refrigerate the Maple Mousse Verrines until well chilled, approx 1-2 hours.
7. Garnish with the remaining Maple Hazelnut Crunch pieces just before serving. Enjoy!
Maple Hazelnut Crunch Recipe
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup hazelnuts, crushed into halves
1. Over high heat bring a small pot of maple syrup to a boil.
2. Once it starts to bubble and foam, add the hazelnuts and stir for 1 minute.
3. Once the mixture coats the back of a spoon, pour it on a parchment lined sheet and spread out (approx 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat).
4. Allow it to cool completely and crack into small pieces with your hand or with the back of a large spoon.
5. Set aside to garnish
(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Pure Maple Syrup to make these decadent Maple Mousse Verrines).