We’re back with another exciting month of delicious President’s Choice PC Black Label Collection products. Let’s take a closer look at this month’s box.
A must-have during the holiday season and colder weather months, add a drop or two of this refreshing pure peppermint extract to hot chocolate, cappuccino, cookies, candies, icings, and sweetened whipped cream. It’s also great massaged onto your temples to relieve a headache!
This sweet wine jelly is infused with ripe, sweet figs and dry, full-bodied Cabernet Sauvignon, a red wine with rich black currant and dark cherry notes. It’s the perfect pairing this holiday season, whether it’s a part of an appetizer cheese tray or brushed onto a plum or pear tart for dessert.
Known for its superior quality, the Madagascar-Bourbon vanilla bean is the most popular of all the vanilla varieties. It is highly fragrant, with desirable thin, oil-rich skin, and has sweet, smooth flavours and aromas.
I have had a chance to try these products in various recipes and I must say that my favourite item this month has been the PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean. As a Pastry Chef, this is a highly coveted item that I love to work with and always reach for before using any extracts. The flavour is rich and shines in any sweet or savory dish that it is used in. For this month, I decided to showcase my love for cranberries and vanilla bean in the form of scones. I love this time of year with the fresh cranberries and the holiday season fast approaching, these are perfect to make for a weekend brunch. They are sure to please everyone. If you’re not a fan of cranberries, you can swap them out for blueberries or raspberries. I’m excited to be hosting a giveaway for next month’s PC Black Label Collection Black Box on my Instagram feed. Read on for more information and how to enter below. Good Luck! I hope you’ll enjoy the recipe and it becomes your favourite go-to breakfast dessert. I would love to see your recreations using the hashtag, #hautesucre on your social media channels. Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel.
*PC Black Label Collection December Black Box Instagram Giveaway*
Giveaway details will be posted on my Instagram account @hautesucre. Head on over to find the post of this Cranberry Vanilla Bean Scones Recipe to enter via the Instagram comments. Giveaway Rules:
- The giveaway will be open for entries on Instagram from Monday November 26th, 2018 to Wednesday November 28, 2018 9:00PM EST. Please follow the instructions in the Instagram post to enter.
- The winner will be chosen randomly on the morning of Thursday November 29, 2018 and contacted via Instagram direct message.
- The giveaway is open to residents of Canada only.
Cranberry Vanilla Bean Scones Recipe
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fleur de sel (sea salt)
1/2 cup cold PC BLACK LABEL NORMANDY STYLE UNSALTED CULTURED BUTTER cut into cubes
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
orange zest (from 1 orange)
2 tsp cream
2 tsp raw sugar
½ cup white chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
For the Scones:
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the vanilla bean lengthwise from tip to end. Use the back of the knife to scrape out the vanilla beans. *The vanilla bean pod can be reused and added to your sugar container to make vanilla scented sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine 2-3/4 cups flour, vanilla bean, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, orange zest and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly and pea sized, do not overmix.
- Pour in the buttermilk and cranberries and stir with a fork until a soft, sticky dough forms. Turn out onto a floured surface and, with floured hands, gently knead and shape the dough, adding more flour to prevent sticking as necessary until dough comes together.
- Pat out to a 9-inch (23 cm) circle or square as shown and cut into 12 wedges. Place on prepared baking sheet, at least 1-inch (2.5 cm) apart.
- Brush tops of scones with heavy cream and sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min, until puffed and golden.
- Let cool for at least 20 min on a wire rack.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heat proof bowl for 45-60 seconds on high in the microwave.
- Using the tines of a fork or the back of a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over top of the scones. Let it set for a few minutes until the chocolate sets and is no longer runny. Enjoy!
(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their to PC Black Label Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean to make these scrumptious Cranberry Vanilla Bean Scones).