Milled specially for pasta dough, this “00” flour is the finest grade of flour cold-milled in Italy. With a silky soft texture, it’s perfect for creating traditional fresh pasta and gnocchi dishes for a taste of Italy from your very own kitchen.
better than to pair in-season asparagus with this month’s PC Roasted Cherry Tomatoes .
This is an easy summer tart that truly shows off beautiful produce and it’s the perfect meal. I have paired the PC Roasted Cherry Tomatoes with creamy Greek feta cheese, crisp asparagus and fresh oregano and thyme all nestled into a buttery puff pastry tart. I encourage you to play with your food and experiment in the kitchen with these wonderful products.
I hope you enjoy the recipe and as always, I would love to see your recreations. Simply hashtag your creations #hautesucre on social media channels.
(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their to PC Roasted Cherry Tomatoes to make this beautiful Roasted Cherry Tomato Tart.)
Roasted Cherry Tomato Tart with Asparagus and Greek Feta Recipe
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced
1 cup goat/sheep’s feta PC Goat’s Milk Feta Cheese
1/2 cup PC Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 large organic egg
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh cracked pepper
1. Line an 8″ pie tray or tart ring with the puff pastry sheet, trim the edges to fit. Reserve the excess dough for a braided crust, if desired.
2. Layer the thinly sliced asparagus into the base of the tart. Sprinkle over the feta cheese.
3. Arrange the roasted cherry tomatoes over top and drizzle 1 tblsp if the reserved oil from the jar over top.
4. Sprinkle fresh oregano and thyme leaves over the tart. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the cream, egg, garlic cloves, salt and pepper.
6. Remove the tart and pour over the whisked cream mixture.
7. Transfer to a preheated oven 450°F and bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is cooked through. Let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting.
8. Serve with a side salad. Enjoy!