Apple and Carrot Salad with Candied Pecans and Hazelnuts Recipe
1 Gala apple thinly sliced
1celery stick thinly sliced
3 carrots, peeled/ ribbon with a vegetable peeler
2 cups of baby greens lettuce
2 tablespoons of walnut oil
1 tablespoon of honey
Salt/pepper to taste
Juice of 1/2 lemon (optional)
Mix all the ingredients.
1/2 cup Pecans
1/2 cup Hazelnuts
1 tblsp butter
1 tblsp sugar
1. Melt butter, add the sugar and the nuts.
2. Toss to coat and cook until sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
3. Sprinkle with sea salt and pour onto a parchment lined sheet.
4. Let cool and crack into pieces.
Assemble the Salad:
1. Arrange the baby lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl.
2. Add remaining salad ingredients evenly on top as shown.
3. Pour over the dressing
4. Toss the glazed nuts over top, then sprinkle the chia seeds and hemp hearts. Enjoy!