Buttery Nectarine Cake🍑 I’ve made this cake 3 times this past week – it’s that good and you need to make it while it’s still nectarine and peach season!
It’s the perfect summertime coffee cake to serve last minute or for a bbq. It takes no time at all to prepare and you can mix it all in one bowl.
If you try my recipe, please hashtag it #hautesucre on Instagram so that I can see and share it.
Enjoy this lovely cake, I’m off to bake another one. Happy baking!😊
Nectarine Cake Recipe
1/2 cup softened butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
2 large free range eggs
3/4 cup full fat sour cream
1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 nectarines, sliced
1/4 cup sliced almonds
Line a 9″ cake pan with butter and a parchment round.
1. In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and olive oil and whisk until light and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar and whisk for 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and continue to whisk until the batter has almost doubled in volume.
4. Add the sour cream, ground vanilla bean, and sea salt and gently whisk to combine.
5. Sprinkle the flour and baking powder over the batter and gently fold.
6. Pour the batter in gently and smooth the top with an offset spatula.
7. Layer the nectarine slices over top in a fanned pattern and sprinkle the sliced almonds over top.
8. Bake at 370°F for 35-40 min or until centre cooked through.
9. Let it cool on a rack before removing. Dust with icing sugar and serve.