(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Blueberry Syrup to make these beautiful Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas.)
This month’s PC Black Box included three delightful products that I had the opportunity to try. From snacks to desserts, there is such a wide array of PC Black Label products that you can serve for any occasion.
These sun-ripened artichokes are grilled and marinated and they’re packed in a delicious infusion of oils, garlic and spices. My husband loves artichokes and these were a delicious addition to pizza.
These sweet and plump Apricots from Turkey did not disappoint, they were eaten within minutes of opening the bag. My 7 year old son devoured them, they’re that good! Great for a cheese platter or just to snack on, these are a real treat to have around the house.
Pavlovas are a holiday favourite in our family and I hope they will become yours, too. This recipe is easy to prepare and the meringues can be baked ahead of time, up to 3 days and stored in an airtight container, layered between parchment sheets.
Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel. Have a wonderful holiday season!
Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas Recipe
4 large egg whites, room temperature
Pinch of kosher salt
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tblsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp ground Vanilla bean
1/2 cup blueberry sauce
Fork or spoon for swirling
Parchment lined baking sheet
Baking time: 90 minutes
Preheat oven to 255°F
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and cornstarch ensuring there are no lumps.
2. In a large stand mixer whisk the egg whites on medium for 1 minute until frothy.
3. Add the salt and continue to whisk on highest setting for 2 minutes.
4. With the mixer running on medium high, slowly add the sugar mixture. Once it’s all added, turn the mixture back on high and whisk for 5 minutes until the mixture is glossy and stiff peaks have formed.
5. Spoon out 6-8 mounds on the parchment sheet using 2 spoons to help release the mixture.
6. Spoon 1 tsp of blueberry sauce into each mound and using the tines of the fork, gently swirl the sauce into the meringue.
7. Using the back of a small spoon, make an indent in the centre.
8. Bake at 255°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
9. Turn the oven off and leave the meringues inside to cool down, up to 12 hours without opening the oven door.
1 cup Whipping cream 35%
2 tblsp sugar
- In a large stand mixer add the whipping cream and sugar and beat until medium peaks form.
- Plate each meringue and top with the fresh whipped cream, fresh berries and drizzle with 1 Tbsp PC Black Label Blueberry Sauce over top. Garnish with fresh mint and serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Swirled Blueberry Pavlovas”
Wow this is a cool twist to a traditional recipe
LikeLiked by 1 person