(This post is sponsored by President’s Choice. I used their PC Black Label Hot Cherry Peppers to make this Spicy Shrimp Scampi.)
After a nice long summer break, I’m back in the kitchen experimenting with my new October PC Black Label black box where I received two jars of condiments that can be eaten tapas style or included in a recipe.
PC Black Label Hot Cherry Peppers marinated in oil are the perfect accompaniment for pizzas, pastas, grilled meats and seafood. I was particularly fond of this as I love using a wide variety of peppers in various dishes and this one is the perfect addition to this Spicy Shrimp Scampi recipe that I’m sharing with you.
PC Black Label Borettane Onions are tasty and can be used with many dishes or served as apart of an antipasto platter. I have tried them on their own and in a quiche and they have a unique balsamic vinegar flavour that isn’t too overpowering, but very pleasant and mild.
I decided to shake up my favourite shrimp scampi recipe and added the PC Black Label Hot Cherry Peppers into the mix, it takes the dish to a whole new level! It is simple, quick and packed with flavour, its perfect for an easy weeknight meal or for a romantic date-night dinner served with your favourite wine.
I used the PC Gigantico Raw Zipperback Black Tiger Shrimp as I prefer the larger variety of shrimp in this recipe as it carries well as a main dish.
Whether you’re a home chef or an aspiring foodie, the PC Black Label Collection makes it easy to unleash your culinary curiosity and get creative. Discover the entire collection and be inspired to #PlayWithYourFood at pc.ca/blacklabel.
Spicy Shrimp Scampi with Hot Cherry Peppers Recipe
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 2 tblsp butter
- 25 large sized shrimp, deveined and dried, tails left on (PC Gigantico Raw Zipperback Black Tiger Shrimp)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tblsp tomato paste, double concentrate
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes
- Add the garlic cloves and mix thoroughly.
- Now add the shrimp and stir the mixture a few times to ensure the shrimps are coated with sauce, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the shrimp over and cook a few more minutes until they’re done.
- Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 3 tblsp butter
- 2 tsp raw sugar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 5 PC Black Label Hot Cherry Peppers chopped
- 1 Tblsp tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 500g of spaghetti cooked in salted water
- In the same large skillet, add the olive oil, butter and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and raw sugar and cook 5 minutes until they burst open.
- Add the garlic and chopped cherry peppers and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and white wine. Cook on medium heat and reduce the wine to cook out the alcohol, about 3-4 minutes.
- Set aside and boil your pasta. Do not wash the skillet.
- Boil 500g of spaghetti in salted water
- Once the pasta is cooked, transfer it to the skillet along with the chopped parsley. Toss to coat the pasta completely with the sauce. Cover and let it rest for 5 minutes to absorb the flavours.
- Transfer the pasta to a platter or to individual plates and top with the shrimp.
- Drizzle over the leftover sauce from the shrimp and serve. Enjoy!