Sweet Honeycrisp Apple Cake Recipe:
1 honeycrisp apple, shredded
1.5 cups sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
3/4 cup full fat sour cream
1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp fleur de sel
1 honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced with a mandolin
Raw sugar for the top
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. In a large bowl, combine the shredded apple, sugar, olive oil and the eggs. Mix vigorously with a metal wire whisk.
2. Add the vanilla and sour cream until incorporated.
3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture into the batter and mix gently until combined and no lumps remain.
5. Pour the batter into a 9″ square cake pan and top with the sliced apples and the raw sugar.
6. Bake for 35 minutes and let it cool completely.
7. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with a dallop of cream. Enjoy!