This recipe was originally featured on The Society.
Roasted Mushroom and Chèvre Tart Recipe:
1 sheet of Puff pastry (you can use store bought, thawed)
1 1/2 cups white mushrooms, rinsed and bottoms trimmed, (thinly sliced)
1 cup cremini mushrooms, rinsed and bottoms trimmed, (thinly sliced)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
350g goats cheese (Chèvre)
2 tblsp Olive oil
Fresh cracked pepper
Maldon sea salt or fleur de sel
Sprigs of fresh thyme
Flat leaf parsley, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F
Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
1. Roll out the puff pastry into a rectangle and place on parchment lined sheet.
2. In a small bowl combine half of the goats cheese and the crushed garlic and then spread a thin layer on top of the puff pastry.
3. Arrange the sliced mushrooms lengthwise (in approx 5 columns, as shown in the picture) on top of the goat cheese and sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1 tblsp olive oil and thyme.
4. Spirnkle the remaining goat’s cheese on top (in small dallops) and lightly drizzle the entire tart with olive oil.
5. Top with a few sprigs of fresh thyme.
Bake approx 30 min until puff pastry has risen and the tart is golden brown.
Just before serving, top with fresh, chopped parsley. Enjoy!